Thursday, September 02, 2004

Quick random thoughts

I hear so often conservative and fundamentalist evangelicals saying abortion is murder. I want to let them know that Rudi and Arnold are welcome to receive communion at my church. How about theirs? The hypocricy of all those cheering delegates who constantly call John Kerry a baby killer is so blatant I wonder whether the Republican party has become their church. That being said, I wish my party would be more open to pro-lifers like Kucinich used to be. Lot of good his change on this issue did him. Dean grabbed all the progressives and DJK was virtually ignored even though he was clearly the more consistent anti-war president and unlike Dean he called for reductions in the Pentagon's bloated budget which makes the progressive agenda a fiscal impossibility. The next Kucinich who comes along I hope holds her (his) ground....(S)he couldn't do worse and maybe all these folks who would otherwise vote Democratic might be willing to switch parties. I do not think we are ever going to get anything done about economic justice until we lighten up on this kneee jerk pro-choice agenda.

No comments: